The Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program
The Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program is a Toronto Police Service initiative designed to build a working relationship between the public and the police. We aim to attract volunteers who are motivated to work actively within their community and represent the Toronto police in both a pleasant and professional manner. Entry into this program is very competitive as it attracts hundreds of applicants each year.
What is the Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program?The Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program (AYCVP) assigns volunteers to work alongside the Community Response Unit officers at their local police station. AYCVP volunteers are required to wear a Toronto Police Service issued golf shirt and identification when on duty. Volunteers in this program are not required to perform any function similar to a police officer and are not provided a uniform.
What are the duties of an Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer?
Often the duties and responsibilities depend on which police station you work with. The duties of an Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer are meant to be focused on crime prevention and community outreach.
Some areas where volunteers are utilized are:
* Assisting with Community Barbeques
* Helping conduct telephone surveys
* Neighbours Night Out
* staffing kiosks at community events/fairs or malls
* assisting with large scale police events
* conducting child car seat installation clinics
The BASIC REQUIREMENTS for the position are as follows:
- Be 14 years of age, or older
- Be a resident of the City of Toronto
- Live in a division that hosts an active volunteer program*
- Have no criminal charges pending
- Have not received a criminal charge for which a pardon has not been granted
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Be of good moral character and values
*The basic fundaments of this program are to involve community members in their community. Unfortunately if you do not live in a division with an active volunteer program you will not qualify.
sure if your division hosts a program? Call them.
The number is 416-808-(the number of your division)00.
Example: 42 Division’s phone number is 416-808-4200
- Commit to 100 hours per year*
- Complete ongoing training as required.
- Follow the Core Values of the service and follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Community Volunteer and Consultation Manual.
*Please note that this program is not designed to help students fulfil their Community Service Hours. We encourage you to contact VOLUNTEER TORONTO to explore other volunteer opportunities. A letter of volunteer service will not be issued from our office until a volunteers service exceeds 200 hours.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in pursuing volunteer opportunities with the Toronto Police Service, please download the Program Brochure, the Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Application (CMU 1), and the Volunteer Personal History Form (CMU 2).
Send your completed application via fax to 416-808-0102 or by mail to:
Toronto Police Service
Attention: Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program Coordinator
40 College Street,
Toronto, ON M5G 2J3
Require more information?
The program co-ordinator is available to answer any additional questions that you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org