The Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program
The Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program is a Toronto Police Service initiative designed to build a working relationship between the public and the police. We aim to attract volunteers who are motivated to work actively within their community and represent the Toronto police in both a pleasant and professional manner. Entry into this program is very competitive and it attracts a large amount of applicants each year. The Adult and Youth Corps Volunteer Program (A.Y.C.V.P.) assigns volunteers to work alongside the Community Safety Response Unit officers at their local police station.
- Be at least 14 year of age;
- Live in the City of Toronto;
- Have no criminal charges pending and not have been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted;
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant (permanent resident).
Duties of an Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer
The duties of an Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer are meant to be focused on crime prevention and community outreach initiatives.
Some areas where volunteers are utilized are:
- Assisting with Community Barbeques and Divisional Open House events
- Helping conduct telephone surveys
- Staffing kiosks at community events/fairs or shopping centres
- Assisting with large-scale police events
- Conducting child car seat installation clinics
- Commit to 100 hours per year*
- Complete ongoing training as required.
- Follow the Core Values and Core Competencies of the Service.
*Please note that this program is not designed to help students fulfill their Community Service Hours. We encourage you to contact Volunteer Toronto to explore other volunteer opportunities. A letter of volunteer service will not be issued by the Community Partnerships and Engagement Unit (C.P.E.U.) until a volunteer’s hours of completed service meets or exceeds 200 hours.
How to Apply:
Please fill out the Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Application (CPEU 1) and the Volunteer Personal History Form (CPEU 2), and send via
Toronto Police Service c/o CPEU Attention: Adult & Youth Corps Volunteer Program Coordinator 40 College Street Toronto, ON M5G 2J3