TPS Officer Charged
Broadcast time: 13:08
Thursday, December 29, 2016
A Toronto Police Service officer has been criminally charged.
Detective Constable Kirk Blake, 46, with 16 years' service, is a member of the Guns & Gangs Task Force.
It is alleged that:
- on September 19, 2016, Detective Constable Blake attended the Scarborough Courthouse, located at 1911 Eglington Avenue East, as a witness to a matter related to his duties
- after completing his court appearance, Detective Constable Blake left the police office, forgetting his wallet behind
- the wallet was found by another Toronto Police officer
- the wallet was checked for identification and a small quantity of cocaine was discovered within the wallet
- the cocaine was unrelated to Detective Constable Blake's official duties.
Toronto Police Service Professional Standards Unit started a criminal investigation.
On Thursday, December 29, 2016, Detective Constable Blake was charged with:
1) Possession of Narcotic (Cocaine) CDSA Section 4(1)
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Thursday, February 9, 2017, 9 a.m., room 114.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Edward Boyd, Professional Standards