Fail-to-Remain fatal collision #63/2016,
Eglinton Avenue East, west of Midland Avenue,
Man, 28, arrested, faces six charges
Broadcast time: 08:38
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Case #: 2016-1902585
On Wednesday, October 12, 2016, at 11:17 a.m., a personal injury collision occurred at Eglinton Avenue East, west of Midland Avenue.
It is alleged that:
- a 2013 white BMW 328xi was eastbound on Eglinton Avenue East, west of Midland Avenue, approaching a construction zone
- a man, 41, was working on the roadway inside the construction zone
- the BMW entered the construction zone and subsequently struck the man, 41
- the driver failed to remain at the scene of the collision and fled in his vehicle
The man, 41, was pronounced at the scene.
The vehicle was located by police on Wednesday, October 12, 2016. The investigation was subsequently taken over by the SIU.
On Friday, January 6, 2017, Jovon Henry, 28, of Pickering, was arrested and charged with:
1) Flight causing death
2) Leave scene of accident causing death
3) Criminal negligence causing death
4) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death
5) Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
6) Use plate not authorized
He appeared in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Friday, January 6, 2017.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services