Assistance sought with shooting investigation,
Gerrard Street and Yonge Street area.
Dylan Patriquin, 24, facing five charges
Broadcast time: 12:20
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Case #: 2017-321028
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance with a shooting investigation.
On Monday, February 20, 2017, at 10 p.m., police responded to a shooting at a downtown hotel in the Gerrard Street and Yonge Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a man accidentally fired a firearm
- one of the rounds from the firearm struck another man in his chest area
- the injured man was taken to hospital and treated for his injuries
- the man who fired the shot fled before police arrived
It is further alleged that:
- the man has been identified as Dylan Patriquin, 24, of Toronto
He is wanted for:
1) Careless use of a Firearm
2) Aggravated assault
3) Assault with a weapon
4) Reckless Discharge of a Firearm
5) Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
He is considered armed and dangerous. If located do not approach. Contact 9-1-1
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Ryan Fardell, 52 Division