Personal injury collision #13/2017,
Danforth Road at Eglinton Avenue East,
Man, 22, facing five charges
Broadcast time: 15:32
Monday, February 27, 2017
Case #: 2017-35524
On Sunday, February 26, 2017, at 3:05 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Danforth Road at Eglinton Avenue East.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 22, was driving a 2003 Honda Odyssey, eastbound on Eglinton Avenue East, approaching Danforth Road
- a man, 49, was driving a 2003 Saturn Ion, eastbound on Eglinton Avenue East, approaching Danforth Road
- the Honda struck the Saturn
- both vehicles then left the roadway, striking a pole on the south side of Eglinton Avenue East
- after the collision, the driver of the Honda attempted to leave the scene
The 49-year-old man received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
The driver of the Honda has been identified as Ismael Espinoza-Ortega, 22, of Oshawa. He has been charged with:
1) Criminal negligence cause bodily harm
2) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle cause bodily harm
3) Impaired operation of a motor vehicle cause bodily harm
4) Fail to stop cause bodily harm
5) Refuse breath sample cause bodily harm
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services