Assistance sought locating man wanted in shooting investigation,
Bathurst Street/Wellington Street West area,
Alexander Edward Collin Reid, 28, facing 11 charges
Broadcast time: 13:35
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Case #: 2017-349622
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance locating a man wanted in a shooting investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, February 25, 2017, at approximately 5:30 a.m., two men became involved in an argument in the vestibule of a restaurant in the Bathurst Street/Wellington Street West area
- when a physical confrontation ensued, one of the men produced and discharged a firearm, striking the other man, 31
- the shooter continued to physically assault the 31-year-old man as he was retreating into the restaurant
- the shooter then fled with his friends in a black Cadillac Escalade
The 31-year-old was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
It is further alleged that:
- the shooter has been identified as Alexander Edward Collin Reid, 28, of Ajax
He faces the following charges:
1) Aggravated Assault
2) Point Firearm
3) Discharge Firearm with intent to Wound
4) Careless use of Firearm
5) Possession of Weapons Dangerous
6) Carry Concealed Weapon
7) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
8) Possession of a Firearm knowing it is Unauthorized
9) three counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
He is to be considered armed and dangerous. If seen, do not approach. Call 9-1-1.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division