Police request public's assistance identifying a man involved in a Fraud investigation,
Broadcast time: 13:15
Friday, March 3, 2017
Case #: 2016-2243880
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance in identifying a man wanted in connection with an on-line dating fraud scheme.
It is alleged that:
- during November 2016, a 52-year-old woman met a man on an online dating site
- a month into the relationship, the man advised of a property investment with profitable returns
- the woman provided a large sum of money for the property investment
- upon receiving the funds the man has since evaded all contact from the woman
- the man used the name Domenic Gurino on the online dating site
His photograph has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Ella Bhardwaj, 43 Division-Fraud