Assistance sought identifying man and two women in
Assault with a Weapon investigation,
Spadina Avenue and Wellington Street West area
Broadcast time: 08:56
Sunday, March 5, 2017
Case #: 2017-271574
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance with an Assault With A Weapon investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Monday, February 13, 2017, at 3 am., a 46-year-old taxi driver picked up a man and two women in his cab in the Dalhousie Street and Dundas Street East area.
- the taxi driver took the three passengers to the Spadina Avenue and Wellington Street West area.
- once at their destination, the man and the two women exited the taxi cab, and began to walk northbound on Spadina Avenue without paying the fare
- the driver approached the man in regards to the outstanding fare, at which point the man produced a knife and pressed it against the driver's stomach
- the man also threatened the driver, who then retreated to his vehicle
The man is described as approximately 5’2” with facial hair on his chin, average build, wearing a black toque, black hoodie, and black winter jacket.
The first women is described as 5'2", 22-25, with a very thin build, and messy, long, black hair, wearing a blue jacket.
The second women is described as 5’6”, 25-30, with a medium build. She was wearing a blue jacket and red toque.
Security camera images have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Russell Vidot, 14 Division