Man, 22, faces 12 charges in home-invasion Robbery investigation,
Sentinel Road and Finch Avenue West area
Broadcast time: 13:15
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Case #: 2017-362167
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in a home-invasion robbery investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Monday, February 27, 2017, two men forced their way into a residence in the Sentinel Road and Finch Avenue West area
- the 21-year-old man living in the residence fought back
- one of the men was armed with a handgun
- the man began to strike the 21-year-old man on the head with the handgun
- the other man armed himself with a pair of scissors and began striking the 21-year-old man on the head
- both men ransacked the 21-year-old man's room and removed some property and cash
- both men fled in a waiting vehicle
- police located the fleeing vehicle and attempted to stop it
- the man intentionally drove his vehicle into the side of an unmarked police vehicle and escaped
- following an investigation, one of the men was identified
- on Monday, March 6, 2017, at 5:20 p.m., on Dundas Street East and George Street, officers observed the man entering a taxi
- the officers stopped the taxi
John Geddes, 22, of Toronto, was arrested.
It is further alleged that:
- at the time of arrest he was in possession of a loaded handgun and a large quantity of cash
He is charged with:
1) Robbery while armed with a firearm
2) Forcible Confinement
3) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
4) Fail to stop
5) Flight from police
6) Unauthorized Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
7) Careless Storage of Firearm
8) Careless Storage of Ammunition
9) Possession of a Firearm knowing firearm is unauthorized
10) Unlicensed Person in Possession Restricted Firearm
11) Occupy Motor Vehicle with Firearm
12) Possession of Proceeds of Crime
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 10 a.m., room 501
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Staff Inspector Mike Earl, Hold Up