Public Safety Alert,
Burrows Hall Boulevard and Purvis Crescent area
Broadcast time: 14:15
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Case #: 2017-414440
Toronto Police Service 42 Division is posting a Public Safety Alert.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, February 10, 2017, at approximately 3 p.m., two nine-year-old boys were walking in the Burrows Hall Boulevard and Purvis Crescent area.
- a man in a vehicle approached the boys and asked them to get into his car
- the boys ran away and the vehicle drove off
It is further reported that:
- on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at approximately 8 a.m., two ten-year-old boys and a five-year-old girl,were walking in the Burrows Hall Boulevard and Purvis Crescent area.
- a man in a vehicle approached the children and offered them a ride
- the children declined the offer
- the man was persistent but the children ran away, and the man drove off
The man is described as brown complexion, 35–45, wearing reading glasses. He may have been wearing a Blue Jays shirt and a Blue Jays baseball cap in one of the incidents.
The vehicle is described as a charcoal or metallic-grey, four-door sedan. In the second incident the vehicle was described as a small, silver, four-door vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Contable Cheryl Tomlinson-Thompson, 42 Division