Fatal collision #10/2017,
Bloor Street West at Kennedy Park Road,
Man, 31, facing two charges
Broadcast time: 10:22
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Case #: 2017- 416403
On Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at 3:54 p.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision on Bloor Street West at Kennedy Park Road.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 31, was driving a 2005 Nissan Altima, westbound on Bloor Street West, approaching Kennedy Park Road in the eastbound passing lane
- a woman, 23, was driving a 2008 Kia Rio, eastbound on Bloor Street West, approaching Kennedy Park Road and collided with the westbound Nissan
- the Kia was then involved in a second collision, with a 2012 Chrysler, driven by an 84-year-old man
A woman, 38, a passenger in the Nissan, received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital where she was pronounced.
The driver of the Nissan has been identified as John Coakley, 31, of Ajax. He has been charged with:
1) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle cause death
2) Criminal negligence cause death
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, March, 8, 2017.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services