Man wanted in Fraud Over $5000 investigation,
Security camera image released,
New security camera image released
Broadcast time: 10:11
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Case #: 2016-2246572
On Thursday, February 9, 2017, the Toronto Police Service requested assistance locating a man wanted in a Fraud investigation.
On Monday, December 19, 2016, a 74-year-old man complained to officers that he had been defrauded by email.
It was reported that:
- he was offered a position as a collections agent for A&N Ltd.
- their representative was Mark Palmer
- he was asked to collect money on behalf of the company
- he was sent a cheque and directed to wire a portion of it back to the company from his own account
- the cheque he was sent, the company and representative were all fraudulent
The man lost $35,500 which were his life savings.
Investigators have a new security camera image of the suspect in this Fraud investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Chuan Wang, 43 Division