Assistance sought identifying man wanted in bank robberies,
Toronto and Hamilton,
Security camera images of man now available
Broadcast time: 06:59
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Case #: 2017-350330
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance locating a man in relation to multiple bank robberies.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, February 4, 2017, at 1:20 p.m., a man held up a bank near Yonge Street and Grosvenor Street
- on Monday, February 13, 2017, at 11:35 a.m., the same man held up a bank near Yonge Street and Wellesley Street
- on Saturday, February 25, 2017, at 9:40 a.m., the same man held up a bank near Bay Street and College Street
- in all three hold-ups, the man entered the banks wearing a baseball cap with different sports logos each time
- the man would wait in line, then produce a note to the teller indicating he was armed with a handgun, and demand money
It is further reported that:
- on Monday, January 30, 2017, at 9:30 a.m., the same man held up a bank near Queenston Road and Parkdale Avenue South, in Hamilton
He is described as 35-45, 6’-6’2", with a thin moustache.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Staff Inspector Mike Earl, Hold Up