Assistance sought in Mischief investigation,
St. George subway station,
Security camera image released
Broadcast time: 09:30
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Case #: 2017-614187
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance with a Mischief investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, April 7, 2017, at 4:29 p.m., two men were seen on the southbound platform of St. George subway station.
- one of the men threw an item onto the subway train as the doors were closing and the train proceeded south
- the item emitted a sulfur-like smell into the train
- subway patrons became alarmed, not knowing what substance was on the train, which triggered an evacuation of Museum station
- a full emergency response was initiated, from Police CBRNE, Paramedics and Toronto Fire's Hazardous Materials Unit.
It is further reported that:
- the item thrown was a novelty item stink bomb
- the suspects intended to cause a panic within the crowded subway car
A security camera image of the suspects has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Robert Moynagh, 52 Division