Assistance sought with Robbery investigation,
Security camera images of suspects released
Broadcast time: 09:53
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Case #: 2017-595333
Police are requesting assistance with an investigation into a Robbery in the Bay Street and Front Street West area.
It is reported that:
- on Tuesday, April 5, 2017, at approximately 4 p.m., two boys, both 16, were travelling on the TTC from Wellesley Station toward Union tation
- three other young men began harassing and yelling racial slurs and insults at the victims
- the victims got off the subway at Union station to get away from the suspects but the suspects followed them off the subway
- one of the suspects punched the first victim multiple times and then ripped off his headphones
- the suspects began to run away with the headphones
- bystanders attempted to intervene without success
- one of the suspects ripped the headphones in half and threw them on the ground before they all fled
The first victim sustained minor injuries. The second victim did not sustain physical injuries.
The suspects are described as follows:
1) 18-20, slim build, yellow jacket, blue jeans, baseball hat
2) 18-20, muscular build, short black hair, black jacket, grey hoodie
3) 18-20, black jacket, grey pants, blue baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Aggrey Koech, 52 Division