Assistance sought with pepper spray Robbery investigation,
Yonge Street and Dundas Square area,
Security camera images released
Broadcast time: 07:58
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Case #: 2017-525518
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance with an investigation into an Assault with a Weapon and Robbery.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, March 24, 2017, at approximately 9:40 p.m., two suspects approached the victim in the Yonge Street and Dundas Square area
- one suspect attempted to rip the victim’s gold chain off his neck
- when the victim fought back, the second suspect deployed a large canister of pepper spray
- the suspects then fled northbound on Yonge Street.
There were several people in the area. Many reported suffering the effects of the pepper spray.
The suspects are described as:
1) Slim build, grey ball cap, dark windbreaker-style jacket with a Maple Leafs logo, grey trackpants, black backpack.
2) Slim build, black North Face jacket, black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes with red heel.
Security camera images have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Please download the Toronto Police Service Mobile App for iOS or Android.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Matt Fenwick, 52 Division