Man arrested in ongoing Fraud investigation into
online ticket sales,
Makuizalandi Mbuku, 20, facing three charges
Broadcast time: 09:56
Sunday, May 28, 2017
Case #: 2017-490116
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in an ongoing Fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
- in March 2017, a man purchased hockey tickets from another man through an ad he found on Kijiji
- an email money transfer was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as payment for the hockey tickets
- believing that the tickets were valid, the man attended the hockey game with the tickets he purchased
- at the game he was advised that his tickets were fraudulent
On Wednesday, May 17, 2017, Makuizalandi Mbuku, 20, of Ajax, was arrested. He has been charged with:
1) Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000
2) Use a forged document
3) Fraud under $5000
Investigators are appealing to anyone who may have purchased event tickets from Makuizalandi Mbuku and sent an email money transfer to email@example.com.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Natalie Durst, 52 Division Major Crime Unit