Eglinton Avenue West, west of Black Creek Drive,
Dario Humberto Romero, 37,
Anthony James Kiss, 31, facing four charges, including Manslaughter
Broadcast time: 15:30
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Case #: 2017-1007434
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017, at 4:53 a.m., police responded to a call for a Fail-to-Remain personal injury collision at Eglinton Avenue West, west of Black Creek Drive.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 37, and woman, 59, were involved in an altercation in the eastbound lanes of Eglinton Avenue West, west of Black Creek Drive
- a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee was northbound on Black Creek Drive and made a left turn to proceed westbound in the eastbound lanes of Eglinton Avenue West
- the 37-year-old man was struck by the Jeep
- the driver and vehicle involved in the collision failed to remain at the scene of the collision and were last seen westbound on Eglinton Avenue West
The 37-year-old man who was struck was pronounced at the scene.
He has been identified as Dario Humberto Romero, of Toronto.
The 59-year-old woman was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the vehicle has been identified as Anthony James Kiss, 31, of Wasaga Beach. He is charged with:
2) Impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death
3) Over 80mgs operation of a motor vehicle causing death
4) Fail to stop at scene of accident causing death
He appeared in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Thursday, June 8, 2017, 10 a.m., courtroom 206.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Susan Gomes, Homicide