Two men wanted in violent Robbery investigation,
Queen Street East and Jarvis Street area,
Security camera images released
Broadcast time: 10:37
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Case #: 2017-951841
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance with an investigation of a violent Robbery.
It is reported that:
- on Monday, May 29, 2017, a man had just left a restaurant in the Queen Street East and Jarvis Street area
- he was approached from behind by two men
- one of the men grabbed the man from behind and ripped two gold chains from his neck
- in an attempt to resist, the man fought back, at which point one of the men stabbed him several times in the abdomen
- both assailants fled
- despite his injuries, the man attempted to chase his attackers, however one of them threatened him, advising that he was armed with a firearm
- the man stopped pursuing and fell to the ground
- the suspects were last seen fleeing northbound on Jarvis Street
Police were called and arrived shortly after. The man was taken to hospital where he received treatment for his injuries.
Security camera images of the men have been released.
Anyone with information about incident or the unknown men, is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Tim Walther, 51 Division