Personal injury collision #14/2017,
Sheppard Avenue West at Magellan Drive,
Now fatal collision #11/2017,
Woman, 20, facing two charges
Broadcast time: 10:55
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Case #: 2017-395986
On Saturday, March 4, 2017, at 10:12 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Sheppard Avenue West at Magellan Drive.
It is reported that:
- a woman, 20, was driving a 1998 Toyota Sienna, eastbound on Sheppard Avenue West, approaching Magellan Drive
- two boys, both 9, were attempting to cross Sheppard Avenue West, on the west side of Magellan Drive
- the boys were struck by the Toyota as they were crossing the road
Both boys were taken to hospital, one with non-life-threatening injuries, the other with life-threatening injuries.
On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, the 9-year-old boy with life-threatening injuries was pronounced.
The driver of the Toyota has been identified as Miriam Damile, 20, of Toronto. She has been charged with:
1) Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
2) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death
She is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Thursday, July 27, 2017, 1 p.m., room 301.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services