Suspicious Incident Alert,
Brown's Line and Burlingame Road area
Broadcast time: 18:05
Friday, June 16, 2017
Case #: 2017-1064758
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a Suspicious Incident investigation.
It is reported that:
- at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 15, 2017, a 13-year-old girl was sitting at the southwest corner of Brown's Line and Burlingame Road
- a gold Honda CRV SUV was southbound on Brown's Line, then made a u-turn and pulled up beside the 13-year-old girl
- the girl observed the male driver making gestures for her to come closer to the vehicle and then made gestures towards the passenger seat
- the girl then heard the driver say, "You can come into the car," a few times
- the girl loudly replied, saying, "No," two or three times
- the driver appeared to be surprised by her response and then drove away, northbound on Brown's Line
The male driver is described as white, 50s, white short hair, clean-shaven, wearing a T-shirt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Nicole Sutton, 22 Division