Man, 31, faces eight firearms charges,
Woodbine Avenue and Mortimer Avenue area,
Loaded firearm seized
Broadcast time: 11:28
Monday, June 19, 2017
Case #: 2017-1075752
On Friday, June 16, 2017, the Toronto Police Service received a call for a Person with a Gun in the Woodbine Avenue and Mortimer Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- in the early evening hours of Friday, June 16, 2017, a man drove to meet friends in the Woodbine Avenue and Mortimer Avenue area
- once at the location, the man exited his motor vehicle carrying a grey-and-black bag
- an altercation occurred between the man and his two friends
- the man then removed a firearm from inside the bag he was carrying and fired one shot into the air
- during a scuffle, the man was overpowered and disarmed by his friends, and held until police arrived
- the man was arrested without incident and officers recovered a loaded .22 calibre firearm
Ervis Bocka, 31, of Scarborough, has been charged with:
1. Possession of a Restricted Firearm without holding a Licence
2. Possession of a Restricted Firearm knowingly not holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
3. Use/Handle/Store Firearm Carelessly
4. Careless Storage of Ammunition
5. Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm
6. Discharge Firearm into a place reckless to others
7. Weapons Dangerous
8. Carry Concealed Weapon
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, room 507.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5406, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Roger Caracciolo, 54 Division