Assistance sought with Sexual Assault Investigation,
TTC subway train
Broadcast time: 09:07
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Case #: 2017-1153316
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a Sexual Assault investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Wednesday, June 28, 2017, at approximately 6:10 am, a woman was on a TTC subway train heading westbound
- a man boarded the same train at Royal York subway station, sat beside the woman, and sexually assaulted her
- the woman stood up and left the train once it arrived at Kipling subway station
- the man began to follow closely behind the woman as she left the subway station
- the woman quickened her pace and advised the man that she would call police
- the man stopped following and was last seen heading back into the subway station
He is described as brown, 30-40, 5'7", thin build, brown hair, brown eyes, last seen wearing black T-shirt, camouflage shorts, light-coloured socks, carrying a black backpack.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Laura McConnell, 22 Division