Man, 27, arrested in Child Exploitation Investigation,
Faces two charges
Broadcast time: 14:30
Friday, July 7, 2017
Case #: 2017-1210759
On Thursday, July 6, 2017, members of the Toronto Police Sex Crimes Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant in the Jane Street and Bloor Street West area.
It is alleged that:
- a man placed an ad online looking to commit sexual acts on a child
- he chatted online with someone in order to make arrangements to commit sexual acts on a child
- he went to a predetermined meeting place where he thought he was meeting a child for that purpose
- he was arrested
Yevhen Stasiv, 27, of Toronto, faces the following charges:
1) Make Arrangement to Commit Sexual Assault
2) Make Arrangement to Commit Sexual Interference
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Friday, July 7, 2017, 10 a.m., courtroom 412.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Reporting can also be made at Canada's national tipline for reporting the online sexual exploitation of children at CyberTip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications, for A/D/Sgt Paul Krawczyk, Sex Crimes - Child Exploitation Section