Man, 27, faces four charges in investigation into
Assault on Parking Enforcement Officer
Broadcast time: 11:56
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Case #: 2017-1306092
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an investigation into an Assault on a Parking Enforcement Officer.
It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at 9:20 p.m., a Parking Enforcement Officer saw an unoccupied car parked in the fire route at 15 Martha Eaton Way
- the Parking Enforcement Officer issued a Parking Infraction Notice and continued on enforcement duties
- as the Parking Enforcement Officer was leaving the area in a fully marked, Parking Enforcement vehicle, a man used his car to block the driveway exit
- the man threatened the Parking Enforcement Officer
- the man drove into oncoming traffic, in an attempt to chase the Parking Enforcement Officer
It is further alleged that:
- the man was the driver of the car parked in the fire route
On Thursday, July 20, 2017, officers arrested the man at his home.
Jemron Sam, 27, of Toronto, is charged with:
1) Threatening Bodily Harm
3) Dangerous Operations of a Motor Vehicle
4) Assault a Peace Officer with a Weapon
He was scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Friday, July 21, 2017, 10 a.m., courtroom 206.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has any information, is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications