Attempt Murder investigation,
4120 Steeles Avenue West,
Man, 26, arrested, facing 12 charges,
Loaded firearm seized
Broadcast time: 15:28
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Case #: 2017-1324523
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an Attempt Murder investigation.
It is alleged that:
- in April 2017, York Regional Police investigated a shooting that took place at Cameo Lounge, 4120 Steeles Avenue West
- on Sunday, July 23, 2017, information was received which caused the Toronto Police Service to join the investigation
- the man wanted in relation to the shooting was located and arrested without incident
- at the time of the arrest, the man was in possession of a loaded 9mm handgun, with an extended capacity magazine containing 17 bullets
- he was also found to be in possession of a quantity of narcotics
Nicholas Rhoden, 26, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized
2) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
3) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
4) Careless Storage of a Firearm
5) Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon
6) Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Serial Number Has Been Tampered With
7) Possession of a Loaded Firearm
8) Possession of a prohibited device knowing its possession is unauthorized
9) Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device in a motor vehicle
10) Possession of a firearm contrary to a Prohibition Order
12) Possession of ammunition contrary to a Prohibition Order
11) Possession of a Schedule I substance
12) Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Monday, July 24, 2017, 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Mario Catenaccio, Area Field Command Investigative Support Unit