Assistance sought identifying man wanted in bank robberies,
Toronto and Hamilton area,
Michael Grant, 48, arrested, faces three charges
Broadcast time: 16:03
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Case #: 2017-350330
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an investigation into several robberies.
See excerpt from previous news release:
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance locating a man in relation to multiple bank robberies.
It is reported that:
- on Saturday, February 4, 2017, at 1:20 p.m., a man held up a bank near Yonge Street and Grosvenor Street
- on Monday, February 13, 2017, at 11:35 a.m., the same man held up a bank near Yonge Street and Wellesley Street
- on Saturday, February 25, 2017, at 9:40 a.m., the same man held up a bank near Bay Street and College Street
- in all three hold-ups, the man entered each bank wearing a baseball cap with different sports logo
- the man would wait in line, then produce a note to the teller indicating he was armed with a handgun, and demand money
It is further reported that:
- on Monday, January 30, 2017, at 9:30 a.m., the same man held up a bank near Queenston Road and Parkdale Avenue South, in Hamilton
He is described as 35-45, 6’-6’2", with a thin moustache.
On Friday, July 21, 2017, Michael Grant, 48, was arrested.
He is charged with:
1) Robbery while Armed with a Firearm
2) two counts of Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence Robbery
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, July 22, 2017, 10 a.m., courtroom 101.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Domenic DiPassa, Hold Up