Assistance sought with Assault/Sexual Assault investigation,
Eglinton Avenue East and Lebovic Avenue area and
Lawrence Avenue East and Birchmount Road area
Broadcast time: 12:49
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Case #: 17-1340444
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a Sexual Assault investigation.
On Monday, July 17, 2017, police responded to a radio call for an Assault in the Lawrence Avenue East and Birchmount Road area.
It is alleged that:
- two women, 59 and 52, were walking behind a man
- the man turned around and began to assault the 59-year-old woman
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at approximately 9:20 a.m., officers responded to a call for a Sexual Assault in the Eglinton Avenue East and Lebovic Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a woman was standing at the intersection
- a man approached the woman from behind and sexually assaulted her
- the woman confronted the man, then she left
- police arrived and located the man
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017, Jeretto Thompson, 36, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) Assault (from July 17, 2017)
2) Possession of a Controlled substance (from July 26, 2017)
3) Sexual Assault (from July 26, 2017)
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 2 p.m.
Police would like to speak with the woman who was allegedly sexually assaulted by this man. She left prior to the arrival of police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Rizwan Mohamed, 41 Division