Man wanted in Attempt Murder investigation,
Caledonia Road and Castlefield Avenue area,
Security camera images released
Broadcast time: 16:35
Friday, August 4, 2017
Case #: 2017-1183827
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance identifying a man wanted in an Attempt Murder investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Sunday, July 2, 2017, at 6:55 p.m., officers responded to a shooting in the Caledonia Road and Castlefield Avenue area
- two men were approached by an unknown man, while walking eastbound into the plaza, who engaged them in conversation
- the man attempted to rob the victims of their jewelry
- the man shot one of the victims in the lower abdomen
- the man entered the passenger seat of a motor vehicle, which fled at a high rate of speed, northbound on Caledonia Road
He is described as mid 20s, 6’3", large build. He was last seen wearing glasses and a dark grey Roots tracksuit.
The vehicle is described as a 2013 or 2015, dark-coloured Chevrolet Malibu.
This man is considered armed, violent and dangerous. If located, do not approach. Call 9-1-1 immediately.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Jereme Quinlan, 13 Division