Assistance sought identifying man wanted in bank robbery investigation,
Security camera image of wanted man released
Broadcast time: 16:48
Friday, August 4, 2017
Case #: 2017-1170490
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance identifying a man wanted in a bank robbery investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Friday, June 23, 2017, at 2:50 p.m., a man entered a financial institution in the Bloor Street West and Spadina Avenue area
- he handed the teller a note, on which a demand for cash was written
- the teller handed a quantity of money over to the man, at which point he fled
It is further reported that:
- on Friday, June 30, 2017, at 2:30 p.m., the same man entered a financial institution in the Avenue Road and Davenport Road area
- similar to the previous incident, he handed a note to the teller demanding cash
- the teller complied and the man was last seen fleeing the bank on foot
The man is described as 30s-40s, 5’9", 140 lbs., clean-shaven, short black hair. He was wearing a Burberry golf shirt, black pants, white leather Lacoste shoes, and Gucci sunglasses.
Security camera images of the man have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Dominic DiPassa, Hold Up