King Street West and Brant Street area,
Arrests, three firearms recovered
Broadcast time: 15:51
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Case #: 2017-1424273
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of arrests in a Robbery/shooting investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Tuesday, August 8, 2017, at approximately 3:18 a.m., a man was in the King Street West and Brant Street area
- he was approached by a group of men he did not know
- one of the men from the group pointed a firearm at the man and made a demand for a chain the man was wearing
- a struggle ensued between the man and the group, at which point the man was shot in the leg, and the group of men fled
- police were nearby and, after a brief pursuit, the suspects were located a short distance away and arrested
- three firearms were recovered
- the victim was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
The investigation is still in the early stages. Officers are unable, for investigative reasons, to provide further details on the arrests or the suspects at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Michael Choe, 14 Division