Assistance sought identifying two men in stabbing investigation,
Liberty Village area,
Photograph of one of the men released
Broadcast time: 16:16
Thursday, August 10, 2017
Case #: 2017-756369
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance with a stabbing investigation in the Liberty Village area.
It is reported that:
- on Sunday, April 30, 2017, at approximately 1:30 a.m., a large group of young adults was attending a party in the Liberty Street and Fraser Avenue area of Liberty Village
- this large group of partygoers was picked up at the Al Palladini Community Centre in Woodbridge, and was taken to the Liberty Village location by chartered buses
- four others, including the two suspects, were sent via Uber, as there was no more room on the buses.
- during the party, a fight broke out between several males, which spilled out onto Fraser Avenue
- during the fight, one man was stabbed, another was struck on the head with a brick
Police are looking to identify the two men involved. They may be from the Woodbridge or Vaughan area.
A photograph of one of the men has been released. He may also wear glasses.
The second man is described as dark-skinned, 19-21, slim build. He was wearing all-dark clothing and a dark baseball-style hat.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Kevin Frimeth, 14 Division