Fatal collision #29/2017,
Bayview Avenue Extension at Beltline Trail,
Man, 39, charged
Broadcast time: 11:25
Friday, August 11, 2017
Case #: 2017-1224899
On Saturday, July 8, 2017, at 8:05 p.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at the Bayview Avenue Extension, at Beltline Trail.
It is reported that:
- a woman, 35, was riding a 2010 Honda CBR600 motorcycle, northbound on the Bayview Avenue Extension, approaching Beltline Trail
- a man, 46, was riding a 2014 BMW motorcycle, northbound on the Bayview Avenue Extension, approaching Beltline Trail
- a man, 39, was driving a 2016 Honda Accord, northbound on the Bayview Avenue Extension, approaching Beltline Trail, and attempted to make a U-turn
- as the Honda made the U-turn, the vehicles collided
The 35-year-old woman received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital where she was pronounced. The 46-year-old man received non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
See previous release.
The driver of the Honda has been identified as Kugatheesh Rasaratnam, 39, of Aurora. He has been charged with:
1) Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
He is scheduled to appear in court at College Park, on Thursday, October 5, 2017, 2 p.m., room 505.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services