Two arrests in drug lab investigation,
Marlee Avenue and Roselawn Avenue area
Broadcast time: 10:37
Saturday, August 26, 2017
Case #: 2017-1529657
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of a search warrant executed, and arrests made, in a drug lab investigation.
On Thursday, August 24, 2017, at 6 a.m., officers executed search warrants in the Marlee Avenue and Roselawn Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- two units were entered
- a significant quantity of drugs, including resin and shatter, equipment and other hazardous materials used in the production of narcotics were seized, including:
- 83.5 kg of marijuana, with a street value of $1 million
- 26.3 kg of edible marijuana products
- .56 kg of marijuana resin, including shatter
Shawn Oliver, 55, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) two counts of Possession of a Narcotic
2) two counts of Possession of a Narcotic for the Purpose of Trafficking
3) Possession of Proceeds of Crime
Pierre Brochu, 62, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) four counts of Possession of a Narcotic
2) four counts of Possession of a Narcotic for the Purpose of Trafficking
3) Produce a Narcotic
4) Possession of Proceeds of Crime
They appeared in court at Old City Hall on Friday, August 25, 2017, 10 a.m., room 103.
Photographs of the narcotics and equipment allegedly seized are now released.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Paul Qureshi, 13 Division