Man, 39, arrested in Attempt Abduction investigation,
Warden Avenue and Eglinton Avenue East area
Broadcast time: 12:34
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Case #: 2017-1570382
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public about an arrest in an Attempt Abduction investigation.
On Wednesday, August 30, 2017, at approximately 1:30 p.m., police were called to a store in the Warden Avenue and Eglinton Avenue East area.
It is alleged that:
- a girl, 4, was shopping with her mother and two other siblings at a store
- a man approached the girl and attempted to have a conversation with her
- she screamed and ran from the man
- the girl's mother confronted the man who left the store
- as the girl and her family were leaving the store, they noticed the man waiting out front of the store
- they had security escort them to their vehicle
- the man ran towards the family and attempted to grab the girl from her mother's arms
- after a struggle, the man fled and was arrested a short distance away by police
The man, Tyrone Bartley, 39, of Pickering, was arrested and charged with:
1) Abduction of persons under fourteen years
3) Mischief under $5000.
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Thursday, August 31, 2017, 10 am, room 412.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Matthew Wighton, 41 Division