Police request assistance with Aggravated Assault investigation,
Bathurst Street and College Street area
Broadcast time: 08:36
Friday, September 1, 2017
Case #: 2017-1580890
The Toronto Police Service is seeking assistance with an Aggravated Assault investigation.
On Friday, September 1, 2017, at 1:15 a.m., an 18-year-old man and his friends were leaving a bar in the Bathurst Street and College Street area.
It is reported that:
- the man and his friends were confronted by group of men and a large fight ensued
- the man was hit several times and knocked to the ground
- while the man was on the ground, he was kicked and stomped on
- the group of men fled the area
- the man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
The men are described as 18-25, wearing dark clothing.
Police are requesting assistance identifying those responsible for the assault, especially from those who may have recorded any part of the incident on a cell phone or other video recording device.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Mark Morris, 14 Division