Assistance requested with Aggravated Assault investigation,
Bathurst Street and College Street area
Broadcast time: 10:02
Monday, September 4, 2017
Case #: 2017-1593569
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance with an Aggravated Assault investigation.
It is reported that:
- on Sunday, September 3, 2017, at 2:30 a.m., a man had just left a bar in the Bathurst Street and College Street area
- once outside, he became involved in a verbal altercation with another man
- it escalated into a physical confrontation, which resulted in him being stabbed by the man he'd encountered
- a doorman from a nearby nightclub, who had witnessed the attack, attempted to intervene in an effort to assist the first man
- at this point, the doorman was stabbed by the second man
- the suspect was last seen fleeing the area, eastbound on the north side of College Street
The suspect is described as 5'8”, 20s, hair braided in cornrows. He was wearing a baseball cap with a logo on the front, green-and-white shirt, blue jeans. He has gold dental jewelry in his mouth.
The first man was taken to hospital where he received treatment for non-life-threatening injuries
Police are seeking assistance identifying the person responsible for the assault, in particular, from anyone who may have recorded any part of the incident on a cell phone or other video recording device.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Mark Morris, 14 Division