Man, 24, facing 10 charges in
Dangerous Operation investigation
Broadcast time: 08:50
Monday, September 11, 2017
Case #: 2017-1613043
On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, at 10:35 a.m., a police officer was engaged in speed enforcement on Adelaide Street East at Power Street.
It is alleged that:
- a man, 24, was driving a Hyundai Sonata, eastbound on Adelaide Street East, and was observed travelling above the posted speed limit
- the officer attempted to stop the vehicle, however the vehicle and driver fled the scene
- the vehicle and driver were subsequently located and stopped on the northbound Don Valley Parkway at the Bayview Avenue - Bloor Street ramp
The driver has been identified as Amir Kamali, 24, of Toronto. He has been charged with:
1) Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
2) four counts of Fail to comply with recognizance
3) three counts of Possession of card with data strip
4) Possession of schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
5) Possession of a schedule II substance
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, September 7, 2017.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services