Mary Jane Soriano, 43, faces four charges in
ongoing Fraud Investigation,
Police concerned there may be other victims,
Woman's photograph released
Broadcast time: 09:53
Sunday, September 10, 2017
Case #: 17-1569832
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in an ongoing Fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between October 2016 and August 2017, a woman took money from clients, under the pretense of a money transfer business operating from EJ’s Variety at 312 Wilson Avenue
- the clients were advised the money was to be sent to the Philippines
- the woman provided receipts to clients for the money transfers under her business name FRU Remittance
- the woman kept the money
On Thursday, August 31, 2017, police arrested Mary Jane Soriano, 43, of Toronto. She is charged with:
1) two counts of Fraud Over $5000
2) two counts of Fraud Under $5000
She is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Thursday, October 19, 2017, 1 p.m., room 301.
Police are concerned there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Ariyeh Krieger, 32 Division