Boy, 16, arrested in firearm investigation,
Dundas Street West and Denison Avenue area
Broadcast time: 11:04
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Case #: 2017-1734722
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a firearm investigation.
It is alleged that:
- the accused was observed by police in the Dundas Street West and Denison Avenue area, in particular in the Vanauley Walk area.
- he was found to be in possession of a Kel Tec, Sub 2000, 9 mm semi-automatic firearm with ammunition
The boy, 16, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
2) Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
3) Careless use of a firearm
4) Careless use of ammunition
5) Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace
He was scheduled to appear in court at 311 Jarvis Street, on Monday, September 25, 2017, 9 a.m., room 1.
He cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division