Fail to-Remain fatal collisions #43/2017 and #44/2017,
Warden Avenue and Continental Place
Broadcast time: 07:26
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Case #: 2017-1757438
On Wednesday, September 27, 2017, at approximately 9:25 pm., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Warden Avenue and Continental Place.
It is reported that
- a woman, 33, and child, 5, were attempting to cross Warden Avenue, from the west to east side, north of Continental Place
- a man, 35, was driving an Audi A4, northbound on Warden Avenue, and struck the pedestrians
- after the collision, both pedestrians were thrown into the southbound lanes of traffic
- the woman, 33, was subsequently struck by a dark-coloured Honda Civic, which was southbound on Warden Avenue
- the driver of the Honda Civic, and the vehicle, failed to remain at the scene of the collision
Both the woman and child were taken to hospital where they were subsequently pronounced.
Police are seeking the public's assistance locating a dark-coloured four-door, 2006- 2011 Honda Civic that was involved in this collision, as well as the driver of the vehicle.
During the collision with the pedestrian, the Honda Civic was damaged and the inner fender well-liner, from the front passenger side wheel area, was left at the scene of the collision. The vehicle was last seen southbound on Warden Avenue.
Anyone with information, or witnesses who observed events prior to or after the collision, is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clinton Stibbe, Traffic Services