Boy, 17, arrested in multiple stabbing investigation,
Lawrence Avenue East and Rushley Drive area,
Broadcast time: 09:46
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Case #: 2017-1901112
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in a multiple stabbing investigation.
On Friday, October 20, 2017, at 3:30 p.m., officers responded to a call for a stabbing in the Lawrence Avenue East and Rushley Drive area.
It is alleged that:
- a group of boys was sitting on a wall, talking
- they were confronted by two males on a motorcycle
- the rear passenger got off the motorcycle and approached the group
- he produced a knife that had been concealed under his clothing
- he stabbed one boy from the group
- two of the boy's friends tried to stop the attack
- they were attacked by a larger group coming to the aid of the suspects
- the two boys were held down by the larger group of attackers while the suspect stabbed them multiple times
- the two suspects on the motorcycle, and the larger group aiding them, fled
- all three stabbing victims were taken to hospital, two with life-threatening injuries
On Monday, October 23, 2017, at 11:10 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was arrested. He is charged with:
1) three counts of Aggravated Assault
2) three counts of Assault with a Weapon
3) Weapons Dangerous to the Public Peace
4) Carry Concealed Weapon
5) Fail to Comply with Probation
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 9:30 a.m., room 408.
He cannot be named under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
There are still a number of suspects outstanding. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Kent Smythe, 41 Division