Fatal collision #50/2017,
Cowan Avenue at King Street West,
Man, 26, faces two charges
Broadcast time: 10:14
Friday, November 3, 2017
Case #: 2017-1855401
On Wednesday, October 18, 2017, at 9:06 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision on Cowan Avenue at King Street West.
It is reported that:
- a man, 26, was driving a Ford Ranger pickup, southbound on Cowan Avenue, at King Street West.
- a man, 53, was operating a streetcar, westbound on King Street West, approaching Cowan Avenue
- the pickup entered the intersection and collided with the westbound streetcar
- the pickup then struck a male cyclist, 39, who was on King Street West, west of Cowan Avenue
The cyclist was taken to hospital where he was pronounced.
See previous release.
The 26-year-old driver of the Ford pickup has been charged with:
1) Careless driving
2) Start from stopped position not in safety
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, December 14, 2017, 1:30 p.m., courtroom C.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services