Assistance sought to identify man wanted for bank robberies,
Security camera images of wanted man released
Broadcast time: 10:10
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Case #: 2017-2028957
The Toronto Police Hold Up Squad is seeking the public's assistance identifying a man wanted in three robbery investigations.
It is reported that:
- on Tuesday, October 31, 2017, at 2:30 p.m., a man walked into a bank near Lawrence Avenue East and McCowan Road area
- he approached a teller and from his coat pocket he withdrew a note demanding money and placed it on the teller’s counter
- as the teller was retrieving the money, the man walked behind the counter and grabbed a quantity of cash before fleeing
It is further reported that:
-on Thursday November 9, 2017 at 11:10 a.m., another bank robbery took place in the Kingston Road and Sheppard Avenue East area
- the man entered the branch wearing gloves, dark sunglasses and he had his hood on
- he passed a hold up note to the teller demanding money
- the man made a second verbal demand for money and pulled out a knife
- the man then went behind the counter and pointed the knife
- he was given a quantity of money and fled
It is further alleged that:
- the man then went directly to a second bank located in the Sheppard Avenue East and Kennedy Road area
- at 11:30 a.m., the man proceeded to show the teller a robbery note
- the man then withdrew the knife demanding money, walked behind the counter and then fled with a quantity of cash
He is described as being in his 30's, 5'10" – 6', with a slim build, moustache and beard.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Domenic DiPassa, Hold Up