Cavalcade of Lights,
Saturday, November 25, 2017,
Broadcast time: 08:47
Friday, November 24, 2017
Public Safety - Special Events
On Saturday, November 25, 2017, the City of Toronto will hold the 51st Annual Cavalcade of Lights. The pre-show starts at 6 p.m. Between 7 p.m., and 9:40 p.m., there will be live music on the stage. The event will also include the lighting of City Hall's Christmas Tree at 7:30 p.m., a pyrotechnics show at 8:30 p.m., and public skating throughout the event.
There will be road closures for both vehicular and pedestrian traffic between 4 p.m., and 11:30 p.m., at:
- Queen Street West, from Yonge Street to University Avenue
- Bay Street, from Dundas Street West to Richmond Street
- James Street, from Queen Street West to Albert Street
- Albert Street, from James Street to Bay Street
- York Street, from Richmond Street West to Queen Street West
- Hagerman Street, from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
- Elizabeth Street, from Foster Place to Hagerman Street
The road closures will result in the diversion of the Queen 501 streetcar and the Bay 6 bus between 4 p.m. and midnight.
Motorists are advised to consider alternate routes.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Brenda Norrmalm, Special Events