Driver and vehicle sought in Fail-to-Remain collision,
Steeles Avenue East at Laureleaf Road,
Vehicle information released
Broadcast time: 13:22
Friday, November 24, 2017
Case #: 2017-1969616
On Tuesday, October 31, 2017, at 8:48 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Steeles Avenue East and Laureleaf Road.
It is reported that:
- a white sedan was travelling southbound on Laureleaf Road, attempting to make a left turn to eastbound Steeles Avenue East
- a woman, 61, was attempting to cross Steeles Avenue East, from the south side to the north side, in the pedestrian crossing
- as the driver of the vehicle attempted to make the left turn, the vehicle struck the pedestrian
- both the driver and the vehicle failed to remain at the scene following the collision
- the vehicle was last seen travelling eastbound on Steeles Avenue East
The 61-year-old woman received serious injuries and was taken to hospital.
To view video, click here.
See previous release.
The vehicle sought in this collision is described as a white 2014-2016 Mazda 3 Sport GT hatchback.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services