Man, 58, charged in bank robbery investigation,
Burnhamthorpe Road and Renforth Drive area,
Toronto and British Columbia
Broadcast time: 14:53
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Case #: 2017-3055198
Toronto Police Service Hold Up would like to make the public aware of an arrest and charges laid for a bank robbery.
It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, November 23, 2017, at 3 p.m., a man entered a bank near Burnhamthorpe Road and Renforth Drive
- the man approached the customer service kiosk and placed a shopping bag in front of the teller
- the man displayed a firearm, pointed it at the victim, then made a demand for cash
- he received a quantity of money and fled
- police attended the area and the man was arrested nearby
- the man was also wanted on a Canada Wide Warrant for bank robberies in British Columbia
On Thursday, November 23, 2017, Brian Kavanagh, 59, of no fixed address, was charged with:
2) Use Imitation Firearm
3) Point Firearm
4) Theft Under
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 10 a.m. , room 205.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Craig Brister, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Domenic DiPassa, Hold Up