Man charged in Luring and Sexual Exploitation Investigation,
Gerard McGilly, 46,
More people come forward, 10 new charges laid
Broadcast time: 10:08
Monday, December 4, 2017
Case #: 2017-1856978
On Thursday, October 12, 2017, investigators from Toronto Police Service Child Exploitation executed a search warrant in the Bloor Street West and Landsdowne Avenue area of Toronto.
Gerard McGilly, 46, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with six counts of child exploitation-related offenses.
See previous release.
Since then, two more people have come forward.
It is alleged that:
- between September 2015 and June 2017, Gerard McGilly used social media platforms to inappropriately communicate with a girl
- he used these platforms to send the girl pornographic images
- his username was "thepirateubuddha"
- on several occasions he engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with the girl
It is further alleged that:
- in May 2017, Gerard McGilly used social media platforms to inappropriately communicate with a girl
On Thursday, November 30, 2017, Gerard McGilly, 46, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with the additional offenses of:
1) Two counts of Luring a Child (Under 18)
2) Attempt Sexual Exploitation
3) Sexual Exploitation
4) Two counts of Make Child Pornography
5) Distribute Child Pornography
6) Possession Child Pornography
7) Accessing Child Pornography
8) Make Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Child
Police are concerned there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Reporting can also be made at Canada's National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at CyberTip.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Paul Krawczyk, Sex Crimes Child Exploitation