Man, 26, faces 11 charges in stolen vehicle investigation
Broadcast time: 09:25
Monday, December 4, 2017
Case #: 2017-3114381
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in a stolen vehicle investigation.
On Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 1:11 p.m., officers became involved in a pursuit with an allegedly stolen vehicle in the Queen Street West and Spadina Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a man went into a store to buy some items
- he left his car running and unlocked
- his car was stolen
- officers located the stolen car later in the day
- the car sped away from the officers who engaged in a pursuit
- the car was abandoned by the driver who ran away
- officers pursued him on foot and arrested him
Michael Nguyen, 26, of Toronto, was arrested. He is now charged with:
1) Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
2) Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
3) Flight While Pursued by Peace Officer
4) three counts of Fail to Comply with Probation
5) four counts of Drive While Disqualified
6) Theft of Motor Vehicle
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, December 3, 2017, 10 a.m., room 101.
Police would like to remind the public that it is their responsibility to secure their motor vehicles from being stolen.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Kristy Smith, 14 Division