Terrence Noftall, 55, faces eight charges in ongoing
Child Sexual Assault Investigation,
Dufferin Street and Eglinton Avenue West area,
Man's photograph released
Broadcast time: 12:45
Thursday, January 11, 2018
Case #: 2017-3220375
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018, members of the Toronto Police Service Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant in the Dufferin Street and Eglinton Avenue West area.
It is alleged that:
- in 2012, a man was working at Toronto Western Hospital where he met a woman
- the man befriended the woman's child
It is further alleged that:
- the man showed the child pornography
- the man sexually assaulted the child
- the man had inappropriate communications with the child
Terrence Noftall, 55, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1) Invitation to Sexual Touching
2) Sexual Interference
3) Sexual Assault
4) Make Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Child
5) Luring a Child Under 18
6) Attempt Make Child Pornography
7) Make Child Pornography
8) Breach of Prohibition Order (C.C. Section 161)
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Monday, January 15, 2018, 9 a.m., room 301.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416−808−8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, cybertip.ca, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave a Tip on Facebook.
Reporting can also be made at Canada’s National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at www.cybertip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Alexandra Marks, Sex Crimes Child Exploitation Section